Tattoo of Art Work
Hi! So last week I received an email from a guy in Mexico. He was looking for a hummingbird image to tattoo on himself, his mom loves hummingbirds, and he came across my piece online and he's gotten it tattooed on his chest!
I am pretty pleased that he did contact me, I would have been none the wiser otherwise. I felt shocked, maybe a bit of "hey, copyright!" but ultimately pretty darn flattered. That's my art on someone's skin now. Permanently. It also made me remember that I was working on a Mecha hummingbird series a couple of years ago and I really should do something about them. Like colour them digitally and sell online.
I really should approach tattoo parlours and see if I can sell my work to them. That said, I don't have any tattoos myself, so I feel a bit like a fraud if I do that.
What else has been happening.....
I have so many projects I want to do and there just doesn't seem like enough time to do them all and I also want to do new things as well!
Right now I have the following on my plate:
1) Freelance Illustration work. I have 2 clients am doing work for, at the moment.
2) My full-time job. Contract is due to finish next month, but you never know.
3) The Sketchbook project, am currently filling it with Lucky Cats
4) Updating my Redbubble store.
5) Studying multiple online courses bought. Like, I have 2 subscriptions I really need to get on with and a course I bought in December last year that I haven't started.
Those are the main ones. I have multiple online accounts I need to update like Illustrator Australia, linkedin, create a professional website and another as an online store....just so many things that need to get done and I just keep pushing it back cos am doing other things.
Anyway, that's it for now! Chat later!